Thursday, August 14, 2008

Chickens CAN fly


Now I a chicken can't migrate but they should at least be able to break their fall and I know I have seen this before. Joseph asked "Dad can chickens fly?" I said,"sure not very well though, but they can fly." to prove my point I took the rooster the kids have named Quack and chucked him about 15 feet into the freedom of the sky. At which point he made the made the decision to plummet to the ground like a rock. He rolled to his side for about 5 seconds and then limped away. I turned around and everyone was looking at me in shock. "Chickens can fly...just not that one." Quack did make it through with a bit of a waddle, which is ok because his best friend is a duck. More on that another time.

4 comments:

ragmom said...

Hey, yes they can fly! Did you know the longest lasting chicken flight was 13 seconds :-) Have a good one!

coffeechica said...

nice blog! i love this post its so great! :D

Jo said...

Hee Hee Hee! Welcome to Blog World!!! So good to see ya here!
Jo

lauralavon said...

I love this story! I'll laugh about this one for the rest of my life! It is just as funny as when I first heard it! So glad you've joined us in blogworld!